Students as Stakeholders
As we endeavor to improve educational and workforce attainment outcomes in our four-county region, we recognize the importance of including students in the conversation. We are excited to begin recruiting our second cohort of Student Ambassadors to be part of the Land of Sky P20 Council!
Fifteen to twenty-five of these leadership positions will be available for the spring semester, from each of the following sectors: high school (11th and 12th graders), community college, and university. These opportunities will be ideal for students interested in fields of study including but not limited to government, public service, education, business, psychology, and child development.
Student Ambassador Responsibilities:
- Commit to this opportunity from March through May, 2024
- Attend and participate in P20 meetings and events
- Participate in digital marketing discussing their academic/career journey and experiences in Western NC
- Estimated time commitment: 15-20 (total) hours over the course of the semester
P20 will provide:
- Mentorship and leadership development through public speaking and meeting preparation
- A certificate of completion/participation at the end of the program
- $500 to each Student Ambassador for successful completion of the semester-long program