The P2o Goals
Implement initiatives that lead to educational attainment and gainful employment based on networking opportunities identified utilizing the inventory of local and national resources/asset mapping.
Implement “Best Practices” and strategies as identified by workgroups that will facilitate connecting the dots along the attainment “pipeline.”
Establish policy recommendations to assist stakeholders at various points along the attainment “pipeline” to align strategies from Pre-K to gainful employment.
Develop a collective impact model of educational attainment that leads to gainful employment that is sustainable beyond 2030, is financially secure, and has an established governing structure.
Meet our Executive Director
Emily Nicholson is a native of Northeastern NC and was raised by two tireless community advocates. She graduated as Valedictorian from the Political Science department at NC State University and obtained a graduate degree from East Carolina University.
Emily previously served as the Assistant Director for the Northeastern Workforce Development Board where she helped enhance the skills and preparedness of the emerging and existing labor pool in a 10-county region to meet the immediate and future demands of employers of the region.
As a former high school and community college educator and mom of three young daughters, Emily understands the important intersections between education and workforce development and is passionate about applying an equity lens towards the Collaborative’s efforts.
P20 Council Members
- Tony Baldwin, Superintendent, Buncombe County Schools
- Amy Barry, Executive Director, Buncombe Partnership for Children
- Brittany Brady, President, Henderson County Partnership for Economic Development
- Kelli Brown, Chancellor, Western Carolina
- John Bryant, Superintendent, Henderson County Public Schools
- Nancy Cable, Chancellor, UNC Asheville
- Jack Cecil, President, Biltmore Farms
- Paul Maurer, President, Montreat College
- Jeff McDaris, Superintendent, Transylvania County Schools
- Michael Meguiar, Vice President of Global Operations, ThermoFisher Scientific
- John Mitchell, County Manager, Henderson County
- Nathan Ramsey, Executive Director, Land of Sky Regional Council
- Carol Steen, President, WNC Human Resources Association